Saturday, November 19, 2011

semi unemployed...

and not the least bit worried about it!



ever have a job you truly hated? that would describe my current (until friday) state of employment.

 i am currently working in a feed mill - i know, bad enough, right? - 
anyways...i have NEVER worked at a place that was more disorganized, under manned and with such screwed up priorities, than this place.
sooo... long story short - i have been there 6 weeks and since week 2, have walked around every day mentally practicing my "i quit" speech... and i have almost quit EVERY day since then. i'm not talking about an "i'm putting in my 2 week notice" speech - i'm talking "walk into the office and saying 
i'm done... right NOW
" speech.


3 days ago, i called a friend who does snow plowing and asked if he might have a job for me this winter... he said "possibly" - so i went to work the next day and gave my 2 week notice. sure, it's a gamble, but it's also a chance i'm willing to take at this point.

should i not happen to be working by oh, say december 5th or so
 - i will be re-enrolling in college and studying an as yet to be determined major. 
good or bad - smart or dumb... that's my plan. 
sometimes you just have to do what you have to do to keep your sanity and a feeling of being in control of your own life.


i also plan on trying to get into radiology school in the fall.


and finally, since there is only one person who reads this... i hope you are doing well - i miss our talks.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure if you mean me, but i was thrilled to see you blogged again! Radiology sounds like a plan to me! Where r ya living now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course i meant you... you're the only one that knows about this! I'm still at "home" - still looking for a job - still single (lol) - same old story! hope you are well... p.s. love the pic of you on your last post, still pretty as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J, you are always so sweet to me. Thanks. Sometimes it's so needed. LOL, you are in the wrong place to be looking for a date.....Keep in touch, and I'll be expecting More blogging from you!

    ReplyDelete